Top 5 Unique Adventure Dinners
1. Nestled at 8,000 feet at The Canyons Resort, diners get to the Viking Yurt on a snowcat sleigh through tree-lined ski runs. A dinner is served complete with glog and a pianist serenading diners on the grand piano! thevikingyurt.com, 435.615.YURT (9878).
2. Enjoy European-style raclette with all the trimmings, slow-roasted meats, fricasees and stews, cooked in open fireplaces at Deer Valley’s Fireside Dining at the Empire Canyon Lodge. In the middle of the meal, take a horse-drawn sleigh ride up the moonlit ski slopes and make room for dessert fondue. Wednesday – Friday nights only. deervalley.com, 435.645.6632.
3. Ride the Flight of The Canyons gondola to the rustic Red Pine Canyon Lodge, where the family will enjoy a real Western BBQ including slow-roasted prime rib, BBQ chicken and ribs and a dessert buffet. Kick up your heels to the country-western band. Saturday nights during ski season. thecanyons.com, 435.615.8042.
4. Experience a horse-drawn sleigh ride from the base of Park City Mountain Resort and arrive at a cozy mountain lodge where a personal chef prepares a western-style gourmet dinner. Enjoy the singing cowboys and cowgirls, too. snowedinnsleigh.com, 435.647.3310.
5. Take a snowmobile tour under the moonlight and then come inside to savor a piping hot dinner with Rocky Mountain Outfitters. The company can arrange private snowmobile/dinner tours. 435.654.1655, rockymtnoutfitters.com.